imx8mp EQoS "EQOS_DMA_MODE_SWR stuck"

Marcel Ziswiler marcel.ziswiler at toradex.com
Wed Mar 23 10:28:08 CET 2022

Hi Tim

On Tue, 2022-03-22 at 17:04 -0700, Tim Harvey wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm working on adding board support for an imx8mp SoC board which uses
> the EQoS MAC interface. I'm finding that eqos_start() fails with
> 'EQOS_DMA_MODE_SWR stuck'. I believe this is likely a clock issue but
> not clear what it could be that isn't properly defined in imx8mp.dtsi.
>
> Any ideas?

I recall having seen this during my early bring-up of mainline U-Boot on our i.MX 8M Plus based Verdin.
However, it turned out to be some configuration issue of sorts on my side. Unfortunately, I do not remember the
exact details resp. after much debugging I then went back to the EVK configuration changing only the console
UART and then piece by piece adopted it further to our hardware and haven't seen it ever since. As I am
currently anyway working on U-Boot stuff I gave today's master a spin and can assure you that EQOS works on our
Verdin iMX8M Plus without any issues. Sorry, that I can not give you any better more specific answer.

> Best regards,
>
> Tim

Cheers

Marcel