i.MX8MP usb status

Marcel Ziswiler marcel.ziswiler at toradex.com
Mon May 16 17:41:32 CEST 2022

Hi Peng

On Thu, 2022-05-05 at 11:05 -0700, Tim Harvey wrote:
> On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 6:54 PM Peng Fan (OSS) <peng.fan at oss.nxp.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,

> > > I only have HOST option available, so for me this is only HOST.
> > >
> > > I did not test GADGET or OTG .

> > > I currently don't have hardware with USB-C , so not right now.
> > >
> > > Do you plan to work on GADGET/OTG/USB-C ?
> >
> > Typec interface exists in almost all i.MX8M EVK boards. So
> > I am thinking to enable gadget together with PTN5110 for uuu, but
> > seems typec requires quite lot work if porting linux code or we
> > reuse NXP U-Boot downstream ptn5110 code.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Peng.
> >

> Peng,
>
> The imx8mp-venice-gw74xx has a Type-C connector on it with USB3.0 as
> well (uses a TPS25821 source controller/power-switch which doesn't
> have any I2C interface thus no driver). Please cc me if you come up
> with a DWC3 OTG gadget driver and I can test it on this board.

Verdin iMX8M Plus resp. it's two current carrier boards Dahlia and the Verdin Development Board both use a
TUSB321AI Type-C Configuration Channel Logic and Port Control chip. We could also help testing on there once
somebody tackles the DWC3 OTG stuff for the i.MX 8M Plus.

Talking about uuu, has anybody managed to get that going on the i.MX 8M Mini yet? Regular USB device/host
functionality works great but last I tried gadget functionality in SPL it gave me quite some grief.

> Best Regards,
>
> Tim

Cheers

Marcel