i.MX8MP usb status

Mircea Ciocan mircea at smartpost.ro
Fri May 20 08:57:25 CEST 2022

On 17.05.22 08:25, Tommaso Merciai wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 12:50:34PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> On 16/05/2022 12:41, Marcel Ziswiler wrote:
>>
>>> Talking about uuu, has anybody managed to get that going on the i.MX
>>> 8M Mini yet? Regular USB device/host
>>> functionality works great but last I tried gadget functionality in SPL
>>> it gave me quite some grief.
>> Please see this series:
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=251796&state=*
>>
>> I haven't had a chance to rework it. Feel free to work to submit it
>> if you have a chance.
>>
>> Tommaso has recently tested it:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=u-boot@lists.denx.de&q=subject:%22Re%5C%3A+iMX8MM+USB+support%5C%3F%22&o=newest&f=1
>>
>> Someone needs to rework this series and resubmit it.
> Hi All,
> Confirm that uuu works on iMX8MM U-Boot Mainline. I have locally a
> patchset suggested by Fabio that make uuu works on iMX8MM SOC.
>
> Regards,
> Tommaso
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Fabio Estevam
>> --
>> DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk
>> HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
>> Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-60 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: festevam at denx.de
Hi Tommaso,

are you willing to share a parch that applies cleanly to 2022.07-rc2, I
end of 2020, but it seems that I'm missing some, because I still get
references to non-exiting functions and such .

iMX8MM is now a "hot" MCU, that had the SPL SDP functionality working
perfectly with the NXP tree, I still don't understand why a (maybe) not
elegant implementation was removed without being replaced with, well,
anything, and in the process the activation of DM_xxx and DM_SPL_xxx
made a mess of everything and producing a series of misleading
compilation errors.

Kindly please post the patch here if possible, so the poor souls that
still need SPL SDP functionality for iMX8MM to be able to use it.

  Many thanks and regards,

Mircea