[0/3] spl: Start cleaning up common/spl/Kconfig

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue May 31 18:17:02 CEST 2022

Hey all,

This series depends on:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=299963
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=300980
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=301665
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=302137
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=302394
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=302371
and is the starting point of cleaning up / re-organizing SPL (and TPL
and VPL) options in Kconfig, now that all SPL options are in Kconfig and
we can more clearly see some of the messes that exist and unwind them.

This series start by splitting some of the large chunks out to
additional files then moves on to tightening dependencies and doing some
small amounts of re-organization.  After this, I feel like the three
biggest chunks to address are:
- Falcon stuff, perhaps in it's own file, or at least all in its own
  menu.
- Everything that's SPL_FRAMEWORK dependent should also be in its own
  menu, probably.  Maybe just a big if ... endif?  Outside of the
  PowerPC case, there's much less non-SPL_FRAMEWORK configs, but there
  are a few of them.  Perhaps some of the options should be moved
  outside of common/spl/Kconfig and to their arch/mach Kconfig and
  selected or def_bool'd.
- There's more SPL_FRAMEWORK + SPL_DM requiring options, and the too
  should be grouped together and at least have correct dependencies and
  maybe if ... endif but probably not a menu in that case.

Finally, I could squash parts 2 and 3 of this series together, but I
don't have strong feelings either way.

--
Tom