Enabling CCGR of eCSPI bus

Shashank Anand shashank.anand at gapfruit.com
Thu Nov 3 16:48:19 CET 2022

Hi U-Boot community,

I am attempting to use the eCSPI bus on a compulab imx8mm iot-gateway
device to communicate with a tpm module. I am using the MXC SPI driver
in U-Boot for this.

The eCSPI bus initially did not work and timed out. After debugging I
found that the reason for this is that the corresponding Clock Control
Gating Register (CCGR) of the eCSPI bus was disabled. Manually enabling
this in the driver code fixed the issue.

How do I enable the CCGR without having to modify the driver code?
Ideally I would like to get it enabled by simply modifying the DTS of
the device.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shashank Anand