question about uboot mt7620 RAM_VERSION

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue Oct 18 13:53:21 CEST 2022

Hi Kang-sen,

(added Weijie Gao to Cc)

On 17.10.22 14:11, Kang-sen Lu wrote:
>   I am building uboot.bin for mt7620 router.
>
> I used start menu option 8, a hidden one choice, to load uboot.bin through
> tftp.
>
> The tftp transfer is OK. But when the new uboot starts, it hang.

So which mainline U-Boot build target did you use? Don't you see
any output on the serial console at all?

> I am wondering if the RAM_VERSION for mt7620 still works.

In mainline U-Boot this is usually handled this way. The SPL U-Boot
version is responsible for the low-level HW init, like DRAM/DDR init
etc. It's hard to impossible to chainload this SPL part from a
running U-Boot version.

The "RAM_VERSION" is usually the main U-Boot proper image "u-boot.bin".
So in general you are using the correct file here. Even though I have
not idea, if the build target is correct for your "mt7620 router".

Thanks,
Stefan