question about uboot mt7620 RAM_VERSION

Kang-sen Lu klu at waav.com
Tue Oct 18 16:05:24 CEST 2022

Hi, Stefan:

Thanks for your reply.

The uboot in the zbtlink mt7620 router has the signatures follows:

U-Boot 1.1.3 (Nov  9 2016 - 15:34:50)

SoC:MediaTek MT7620
DRAM:  Memory Testing..131072K OK. is 128 MB
relocate_code Pointer at: 87fb0000
enable ephy clock...done. rf reg 29 = 5
SSC disabled.
spi_wait_nsec: 29
spi device id: ef 40 18 0 0 (40180000)
Flash: W25Q128BV

I would like to share my strange experience about RAM version uboot for
mt7620. By pure luck, I found that when I tried to load a newly built uboot
with startup menu option 8, unless I change the filename, say, from
uboot.bin to uboot1.bin, the newly loaded uboot would not startup properly
in RAM.

I don't have the knowledge to find out why this variable "modifies" to be
none-zero is so important to the execution of uboot in RAM. Maybe some
expert in this group can easily figure that out.

Thanks.

Kang-sen