uboot not loading ramdisk

noman pouigt variksla at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 00:08:34 CEST 2022

I am creating a boot.img using below command:
mkimage -D "-I dts -O dtb -p 1024" -f boot.its boot.img
https://ideone.com/OyHuGz -- .its file

Using this boot.img I am able to see this in the device:
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 70065000

but no logs for ramdisk loading. Later during kernel boot getting
below:
Initramfs unpacking failed: invalid magic at start of compressed archive

However, when I have below .its file and directly flashing the fitImage
then it is able to mount initramfs.
https://ideone.com/RFFLGj -- its file

So I am assuming that ramdisk inside the boot.img is not proper, to confirm
I extracted using below command:
dumpimage -T flat_dt -l boot.img -p 1 -o ramdisk"

This extracted ramdisk and the supplied ramdisk to mkimage are not
matching at all.

Any pointers to fix this problem will really help.

[1] mkimage version 2021.07-g1a6716ec1c