whitelist commands

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Fri Dec 15 18:53:22 CET 2023

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, 15 Dec 2023 at 02:12, Thomas McCann <Tmccann at drumgrange.com> wrote:

> Hello Simon,
>
> Firstly my apologies I very new to U-Boot and just trying to make sense of it all. My chip currently does not boot because the commands "bootelf" commend is not whitelisted.
> My question was two-fold really, it the whitelisting done by u-boot or is specified in the device tree?
> How does one modify the u-boot boot.scr so that I can boot my device to not use bootelf?

Please can you keep the ML copied with replies? (and BTW we try to add
posts to the bottom)

To find this:
- look up do_bootelf()   (~all commands start with do_ and end with
the command name)
- this is in cmd/elf.c
- then look up cmd/Makefile to see where elf.o is enabled:
obj-$(CONFIG_CMD_ELF) += elf.o
- then look up cmd/Kconfig to see 'config CMD_ELF'

So probably your board has CMD_ELF disabled. It is enabled by default,
so perhaps you have '# CONFIG_CMD_ELF is not set' in the
config_xxx_defconfig for your board? If you remove that, then the
command should be enabled. You can check using 'make menuconfig' or by
using grep on the .config file produced.

Regards,
Simon