U-Boot v2022.04 Compile Errors

Matthew.Moreira at gd-ms.com Matthew.Moreira at gd-ms.com
Thu Jan 19 16:02:12 CET 2023

Hello,

I have been working with trying to build U-Boot version 2022.04, cloning from branch boundary-v2022.04 from the following link: https://github.com/boundarydevices/u-boot/tree/boundary-v2022.04

I am running into a couple errors, none of which I was able to find on the email threads and FAQ page.

  1.  I am currently getting an error when calling the 'make -j8' command due to not having SWIG installed. I have gotten past this by setting CONFIG_PYLIBFDT=n on the command line. However, I believe this is a temporary solution, is it possible to build the latest version of U-Boot without SWIG?

  1.  I do not know if this is related to me circumventing the issue above, but if I set CONFIG_PYLIBFDT=n on the command line when calling make, I proceed to get an include/ctype.h error, expected identifier or '(' before numeric constant. Is this a known issue in the boundary-v2022.04 branch? Or is this a repercussion of circumventing the SWIG/BINMAN issue above?

Thank you!

Matthew Moreira

(781) - 410 - 3818
Matthew.moreira at gd-ms.com<mailto:Matthew.moreira at gd-ms.com>
150 Rustcraft Road
Dedham, MA 02026

[cid:image001.png at 01D92BEB.B9740E40]

This message and/or attachments may include information subject to GD Corporate Policies 07-103 and 07-105 and is intended to be accessed only by authorized recipients.  Use, storage and transmission are governed by General Dynamics and its policies. Contractual restrictions apply to third parties.  Recipients should refer to the policies or contract to determine proper handling.  Unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.