Failed to build u-boot.itb on RK3568

Quentin Schulz quentin.schulz at theobroma-systems.com
Thu Jan 26 17:52:52 CET 2023

Hi Michael,

On 1/26/23 17:47, Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi wrote:
> Hi

>>> Well, here is my insight:
>>>
>>> As long as the only board supported board in mainline is an evaluation
>>> board that nobody in the community has, it won't be tested.  Can we
>>> somehow make progress in getting some of the more popular RK356x
>>> boards (like the quartz64, nanopi r5s, raxda rock 3) in the tree?
>>
>> fyi: radxa-cm3 is part of Mailing list.
>
> Maybe we should setup some embedded lab, with boards. We are working
> to create some new testing boards to
> be use remotely for CI and developers. Do we have a way to make this
> setup for u-boot?

FWIW, we're interested too. We already have a LAVA lab for KernelCI so
*our* solution will likely involve this. I know Mark Brown has interest
in reusing LAVA too. I'm unfortunately lacking time to look at this
properly at the moment. If you work out something, please present
something at some conference or write a blog article :)

Tom shared the following information when I shared my interest in
automated testing:
https://u-boot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/develop/py_testing.html#testing-real-hardware
https://source.denx.de/u-boot/u-boot-test-hooks
https://labgrid.com/ (seems to be down now)