Aw: Re: distro_boot vs. env-based bootmenu

Frank Wunderlich frank-w at public-files.de
Sat Jul 1 11:09:15 CEST 2023

Hi

thanks for your anser

> Gesendet: Samstag, 01. Juli 2023 um 04:08 Uhr
> Von: "AKASHI Takahiro" <takahiro.akashi at linaro.org>
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 11:22:23AM +0200, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i try to move from distro-boot (extlinux-config files) to an env-based bootmenu (builtin-environment) for
> > my bananapi r2pro.
> >
> > basicly it works, but i see more bootmenu-entries than i have defined in my environment
> >
> >  *** U-Boot Boot Menu ***
> >
> >       1. Boot from SD/EMMC.
> >       mmc 1:2
> >       mmc 1:3
> >       mmc 1:4
> >       U-Boot consoleHit any key to stop autoboot: 2
> >
> > i have only defined one botmenu-entry (first one in uEnv_r2pro.txt)
> >
> > bootmenu_0=1. Boot from SD/EMMC.=run newboot
> > bootmenu_default=0
> >
> > i guess the 3 mmc 1:x entries are part from distro-boot. i see a series from simon where he drops
> > distroboot for rockchip-boards.
>
> Probably they came from UEFI's removable media support, specifically
>     commit c606c0059f7f
>     Author: Masahisa Kojima <masahisa.kojima at linaro.org>
>     Date:   Thu Apr 28 17:09:42 2022 +0900
>
>         bootmenu: add UEFI boot entry into bootmenu

yes, thats right, disabling efi (that was somehow enabled by default as i do not find any EFI in my defconfig)

https://github.com/frank-w/u-boot/blob/2023-07-bpi/configs/evb-rk3568_defconfig

> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20230409084454.v9.8.I4cf7708a1ba953b9abd81375d93af34665c7b251@changeid/
> >
> > can anyone explain me where i can disable the mmc 1:x entries? i wanted to leave distro_boot as
> > fallback but it seems this is not possible.
>
> Try to disable either CONFIG_CMD_EFICONFIG or CONFIG_CMD_BOOTEFI_BOOTMGR,
> even CONFIG_EFI_LOADER if you don't need UEFI subsystem at all.

disabled CONFIG_EFI_LOADER=n and CONFIG_EFI_LOADER and now the menuitems are disappeared and i have no efi-options set

> -Takahiro Akashi

regards Frank