sipeed maix bit resets every 90 seconds with watchdog enabled

Jaap Aart jaap.aarts1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 19:53:29 CEST 2023

Dear sean, and others,

I encountered a small problem running linux on the sipeed maix bit from
u-boot.
Every 90 seconds (exactly) after boot it resets, if booted into linux,
unless I disable the watchdog.
This has occurred since this feature was enabled
(e3282b1bbae4e8558c2b85bf27560d12358ed25f)

Although I do not completely understand the watchdog features, it notes
it is set to 60 seconds,
and I am convinced that the point is not to reset every X seconds.
Especially because this is enabled by default.

I have not really found a good workaround besides disabling the WDT at
runtime which is cumbersome.

Is this expected behavior? And if so, how do I disable this feature at
compile time?

Kind regards,

Jaap Aarts