fdt_high default value causes unbootable kernel due to misalignment

Tim van der Staaij | Zign Tim.vanderstaaij at zigngroup.com
Thu Jul 20 16:40:04 CEST 2023

>I wonder if we should adjust mkimage to use -B 8 as the default?

Ah, overlooked this option. I ran a test with -B 8 and by itself it doesn't fix the issue. However, as the manpage notes, -B is only effective when -E is also used. And indeed, using -E -B 8 does avoid misalignment when the device tree is used in-place.

Sounds like a good fix to me, but I don't know if there would be broader consequences of defaulting to -E? It sounds like this changes the structure of the fitimage rather dramatically.

Kind regards,
Tim