U-Boot OMAP GPMC ECC change

Colin Foster colin.foster at in-advantage.com
Tue May 9 17:31:30 CEST 2023

Hi Roger,

I was looking to test my system against U-Boot 2023.04. I'm running an
OMAP 4460 SOM (I've been waiting to get kernel acceptance before U-Boot,
but that has slipped) and it boots from NAND.

When I jumped from 2023.01 to 2023.04, I noticed I get spammed in the
SPL by "omap-elm: uncorrectable ECC errors". I bisected, and this seems
to be the result of commit 04fcd25873 ("mtd: rawnand: omap_gpmc: Fix
BCH6/16 HW based correction").

Is the multi-sector ECC generation something that should work in a
backward-compatible way? Do you know of anything that might be going
wrong here?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I find it is usually
something simple I'm doing wrong that is causing most of my issues.

Thanks,

Colin Foster.