U-Boot OMAP GPMC ECC change

Roger Quadros rogerq at kernel.org
Wed May 10 11:42:43 CEST 2023

Hi Colin,

On 09/05/2023 18:31, Colin Foster wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> I was looking to test my system against U-Boot 2023.04. I'm running an
> OMAP 4460 SOM (I've been waiting to get kernel acceptance before U-Boot,
> but that has slipped) and it boots from NAND.
>
> When I jumped from 2023.01 to 2023.04, I noticed I get spammed in the
> SPL by "omap-elm: uncorrectable ECC errors". I bisected, and this seems
> to be the result of commit 04fcd25873 ("mtd: rawnand: omap_gpmc: Fix
> BCH6/16 HW based correction").

oops. Sorry about that.

> Is the multi-sector ECC generation something that should work in a
> backward-compatible way? Do you know of anything that might be going
> wrong here?

The patch wasn't supposed to break anything.
I do not yet know what could be wrong. Most likely a wrong ECC
configuration is being used.

Could you please share what ECC configuration you are using on your board?
Can you please point me to the Linux device tree file if it exists?

--
cheers,
-roger