[PATHv11 00/43] net/lwip: add lwip library for the network stack

Maxim Uvarov maxim.uvarov at linaro.org
Thu Nov 30 09:39:34 CET 2023

On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 at 06:16, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 9:10 PM Tim Harvey <tharvey at gateworks.com> wrote:
>
> > Fabio,
> >
> > You won't see this build issue with the entire series applied... only
> > with the patches up to and including 'net/lwip: integrate lwIP
> > library'. My point was there are points in the series where
> > compilation fails which is not ok.
>
> You are right and I agree with your point.
>
> I am able to reproduce the build failure at 'net/lwip: integrate lwIP
> library':
>
> In file included from net/lwip/lwip-external/src/core/init.c:38:
> ./net/lwip/lwip-external/src/include/lwip/opt.h:51:10: fatal error:
> lwipopts.h: No such file or directory
>    51 | #include "lwipopts.h"
>       |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Thanks

Ok, I will try to reorder patches.

If networking for some reason doesn't work on that board (I tested only
virtual board). Please try to compile with:
CONFIG_LWIP_LIB_DEBUG=y
#CONFIG_LWIP_LIB_NOASSERT is not set

It should make network activity more verbose. In many cases I saw issues
that physically MAC address do not match to lwip initialized value,
and lwip drops such packets.

BR,
Maxim.