Pull request efi-2024-01-rc2

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Wed Oct 25 22:18:30 CEST 2023

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 10:09:55PM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> On 10/25/23 20:57, Tom Rini wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 04:20:06AM +0200, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Tom,
> > >
> > > The following changes since commit 5cab3515f8c9796015739c1750b8933291c816be:
> > >
> > >    Merge tag 'u-boot-rockchip-20231024' of
> > > https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-rockchip (2023-10-24
> > > 09:39:52 -0400)
> > >
> > > are available in the Git repository at:
> > >
> > >    https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-efi.git
> > > tags/efi-2024-01-rc2
> > >
> > > for you to fetch changes up to 916dad34af0e53181dfe21f5764d3a787cb24bdc:
> > >
> > >    efi_loader: fix EFI_ENTRY point on get_active_pcr_banks (2023-10-24
> > > 23:56:43 +0200)
> > >
> > > Gitlab CI showed no issues:
> > > https://source.denx.de/u-boot/custodians/u-boot-efi/-/pipelines/18293
> > >

> > So, there's not been enough time for "efi_loader: expose the device-tree
> > file name" as there's still comments on how to word things there (and
> > I'm fine taking this eventually for the release, we don't need it
> > today).
>
> You and Ilias marked this patch as reviewed.
>
> Which comments should I look at?

Well, Simons that you replied to now, and my follow-up.

As yes, I did RB it, but I also didn't expect it to be merged a day
after posting since it's not a critical security fix. Most changes
should sit on the list for a few days at least, to give people a chance
to read and comment. I thought it was good enough at first but on
reading what Simon said (and this is a thing I will do as I read a
longer thread I hadn't seen at first) I changed my mind a bit, and
noticed something else too.

> > And since we're here anyways, "efi_loader: fix efi_dp_from_eth"
> > isn't needed as with "sandbox: eliminate unused functions from binaries"
> > we can build sandbox with EFI_LOADER=y NET=n LTO=n (and CMDLINE=n with
> > the rest of my v4 + an unrelated to this fix for fastboot) and since I'm
> > asking for changes anyhow, lets just drop this. Thanks.
> >

> I am fine with dropping the patch. Will you be moving that sandbox patch?

Yes, the gc-sections patch will be merged, Simon and I talked off-list
about it more.

--
Tom