Binman how to build using Rockchip BL32 binary as OP-TEE

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Mon Sep 4 18:48:46 CEST 2023

Hi Massimo,

On Mon, 4 Sept 2023 at 09:05, Massimo Pegorer
<massimo.pegorer+oss at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way for binman to package FIT with U-Boot TF-A and
> OP-TEE, using bl32 binary provided by Rockchip as TEE?
>
> I've tried with TEE=/path/to/rkbin/bin/rk33/xxx_bl32_vX.YZ.bin, but
> binman failed.
>
> In my poor understanding of Python code, it seems binman accepts only
> ELF format or a binary format starting with optee_v1_header, but
> binaries provided by Rockchip in rkbin repository do not have this
> header.

Yes that is correct. How would U-Boot know the load address of the TEE
fille? Hmm it seems to be a fixed address. Perhaps you could change
the rockchip-u-boot.dtsi file to make the 'tee-os' node a 'blobext'
node instead, then add a filename property in there with the name of
your file?

> Thanks in advance for any hints!

Regards,
Simon