uboot eth_initialize

Claudio Spinelli (Nokia) claudio.spinelli at nokia.com
Mon Aug 5 22:45:25 CEST 2024

I am having a problem in uboot with eth_initialize() function on my target. My target is based on Intel Arria10. All the uboot source code, that I have seen, seem to assume that there is a PHY device attached  to the cpu emac0.  On my target I do not have a PHY attached to the emac0, but there is a direct connection to a Marvell 88E6321 at port 5 which is RGMII. So I have RGMII to RGMII from Marvell switch to cpu arria10 emac0 .

When u-boot code in common/board_r.c  calls :

static int initr_net(void)

{

        puts("Net:   ");

        eth_initialize();

I get : Could not get PHY for ethernet at ff800000: addr -1

and then "No Ethernet found"

I am trying to figure out what changes I need to make to current uboot to make it work. How do I tell you uboot that there is an ethernet switch connected and not a phy . Any hints would be appreciated.

Does you have any uboot source code that use such implementation?

Thanks
Claudio