Fw: ECDSA for FIT Files in U-Boot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Wed Aug 7 16:36:56 CEST 2024

Hi Eden,

On Wed, 7 Aug 2024 at 07:59, Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org> wrote:

> Hi Eden,
>
> I don't see it on the mailing list yet[1].
>
> Regards,
> Simon

> On Wed, 7 Aug 2024 at 02:21, <eden.hamilton at bt.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > I have forwarded these emails as requested.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Eden

> > There are quite a few people involved in the security side.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Simon
> >
> > On Tue, 6 Aug 2024 at 08:24, <eden.hamilton at bt.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi there Simon!
> > >
> > > I am Eden, currently at BT trying to get ECDSA verified boot for FIT files working on U-Boot.
> > >
> > > I have observed that you have reviewed many patches/updates surrounding ECDSA in U-Boot.
> > >
> > > I have been trying to get this working, but it is appearing difficult due to no examples online.
> > >
> > > I was wondering, if you have any examples where you have managed to get this working? Perhaps examples of FIT files, DTBs etc - that you would not mind sharing with me.
> > >
> > > If you do not, then no worries.

OK, there it is, hidden under my ellipsis, thanks. Here are a few thoughts:

[1] is the general docs which I'm sure you've read
[2] Describes the process for a real board (with RSA, but the idea is similar)
[3] Is a test for ECDSA so you should be able to follow along with the
steps there to get something working

If you have problems, then a console trace is often useful.

Regards,
SImon

[1] https://docs.u-boot.org/en/latest/usage/fit/signature.htm
[2] https://docs.u-boot.org/en/latest/usage/fit/beaglebone_vboot.html