OF_UPSTREAM vs. additional dtbs

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Wed Aug 14 11:41:59 CEST 2024

On 13.08.24 14:52, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> On 11:16-20240813, Jan Kiszka wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to migrate the TI AM65x IOT2050 boards to OF_UPSTREAM but I'm
>> facing issues because I need to still build the u-boot-only overlays. It
>> is also a bit weird (but works) having to specify
>>
>> CONFIG_SPL_OF_LIST="../../../../arch/arm/dts/k3-am65-iot2050-spl"

Actually, this does NOT work: I just had a long morning debugging SPL
which no longer started because it picked the non-filtered dtb. The
filtered one ended up in a folder outside of the u-boot sources because
of all those ../ and hard-wiring to dts/upstream.

>> for our spl dtb.
>>
>> Are there means to still build certain dtb[o] files in arch/<arch>/dts?
>> I'm a bit lost in the Makefile forest.
>>

> Sumit: Any suggestions?

I would really like to hear some better proposals than my local
workarounds to far. They don't converge although I already patched some
core Makefile (overlays are building now).

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Technology
Linux Expert Center