Re: Grub doesn’t load devicetree

Tomaž Zaman tomaz at mono.si
Thu Aug 29 11:31:26 CEST 2024

Doesn’t work - at least not correctly:

=> fatload mmc 0:1 $fdt_addr_r /boot/dtb/fsl-ls1046a-rdb-sdk.dtb
31793 bytes read in 4 ms (7.6 MiB/s)
=> fatload mmc 0:1 $kernel_addr_r /EFI/boot/grubaa64.efi
3978688 bytes read in 168 ms (22.6 MiB/s)
=> setenv fman_ucode
=> bootefi $kernel_addr_r $fdt_addr_r
Failed to load EFI variables
WARNING failed to get smmu node: FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
WARNING failed to get smmu node: FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND
Booting /\EFI\boot\grubaa64.efi
Welcome to GRUB!

Because of those FDT_ERR_NOTFOUND kernel reports a bunch of errors and doesn’t boot with all the hardware support I need it to.

On the other hand, if I run the same kernel/devicetree/initramfs with booti, bypassing the Grub completely, it works fine. The problem is, I need Grub2 for his project.

Tomaž Zaman, CEO
Mono Technologies Inc.
+386 30 651 645

[cid:98510E94234546F0B7D19E62D33FDFCC]