u-boot on iMX.RT117x NOR

Alon Bar-Lev alon.barlev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 11:14:32 CET 2024

Hi,

I just found out that u-boot has some support for RT117x, this is great! I
could not find a better forum to ask, I will appreciate a redirect.

I need u-boot to boot from the SPI NOR flash, I have the EVKB evaluation
board. The SPL that is generated is not ELF and no instructions of how to
use it are available. I am using NXP-MCUBootUtility to flash in SWD mode,
not sure what I should configure and how.

I tried to place this on top of the flash as raw binary and it does not
work, I am waiting for a life sign at UART1 which is redirected to the
debug USB port, as far as I saw the SPL should output a string to the
console once started.

Any hint of how to progress? Any documentation? It would be exciting to
have u-boot as a bootloader.

Thanks,
Alon