TI LCD Driver and splash screen.

Steven Hill steven.hill at konsulko.com
Thu Feb 15 06:29:26 CET 2024

Hello.

I am bringing up a new am335x platform and need splash screen support. I
already wrote new backlight and LCD panel Linux drivers for the platform.
The kernel side is solid. I brought the device tree and backlight driver
from the kernel and put it into v2023.04 U-Boot. Currently getting a
"cannot allocate frame buffer memory error" and have tried a bunch of
different things. I have attached my current defconfig. The panel/graphics
portion in the device tree I copied from arch/arm/dts/am335x-brxre1.dts to
start. Was hoping people had some pointers or ideas.

Cheers,

Steve