FIELD_RETURN on i.MX8MNANOLPD4 EVK

Thomas Schaefer Thomas.Schaefer at kontron.com
Tue Jan 9 09:52:42 CET 2024

Hi all,

We are trying to enable FIELD RETURN on the NXP i.MX8MNano LPD4 EVK board.

We enabled Secure Boot in u-boot in the first step. After checking proper execution of a signed bootloader image we closed the board blowing the SEC_CONFIG fuse.

In the next step we created the board specific signature with UID of the CPU included to remove the FIELD RETURN lock. After that we were able to blow the FIELD_RETURN fuse with 'fuse prog 8 3 0x1' command. But now, the board cannot boot any more, it will hang after execution of the SPL bootloader part.

We can observe this behavior with both signed and unsigned bootloader images.

Is the FIELD_RETURN feature for the i.MX8MNano supported with u-boot v2024.01?

Best regards,
Thomas

Thomas Schäfer
SW Design Engineer

thomas.schaefer at kontron.com
www.kontron.com

Kontron Europe GmbH
Heinrich-Barth-Straße 1-1a | 66115 Saarbrücken | Germany