Fwd: New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for Das U-Boot

Heinrich Schuchardt xypron.glpk at gmx.de
Fri Jan 19 09:47:14 CET 2024

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*** CID 478333:  Error handling issues  (CHECKED_RETURN)
/lib/efi_loader/efi_firmware.c: 413 in efi_firmware_set_fmp_state_var()
407     	/*
408     	 * GetVariable may fail, EFI_NOT_FOUND is returned if FmpState
409     	 * variable has not been set yet.
410     	 * Ignore the error here since the correct FmpState variable
411     	 * is set later.
412     	 */
>>>     CID 478333:  Error handling issues  (CHECKED_RETURN)
>>>     Calling "efi_get_variable_int" without checking return value (as is done elsewhere 29 out of 33 times).
413     	efi_get_variable_int(varname, image_type_id, NULL, &size,
var_state,
414     			     NULL);
415     416     	/*
417     	 * Only the fw_version is set here.
418     	 * lowest_supported_version in FmpState variable is ignored since

There are a lot of different return values that may occur when calling
efi_get_variable_int, e.g.

* EFI_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL
* EFI_DEVICE_ERROR

Should we overwrite the variable in these cases with NUL values except
for var_state[update_bank].fw_version?

Best regards

Heinrich