riscv defconfig starfive visionfive2 env is nowhere, missing axp15060 regulator, misc vendor hacks for Milk-V Mars CM Lite

E Shattow lucent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 00:35:34 CET 2024

Aside: Mailing list archive mangles devicetree node names in the patch as
if it were an email address to obscure.

related linux dts axp15060 node naming updates:
https://github.com/MichaIng/linux/commit/1419a6eeb6a8b834ce9631fc558a57fb634f6949

GMAC and eMMC functions depend on power regulation.

The sus commit for ENV_IS_NOWHERE=y in the starfive_visionfive2 defconfig:
https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/commit/7d79bed00c9e02187a09e74e90c5bd5a927a6a61

Why should ENV_IS_NOWHERE=y and CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_SPI_FLASH=y both survive a
make oldconfig, I would think they will be mutually exclusive. Local
testing make starfive_visionfive2, disable ENV_IS_NOWHERE, compile and
flash to the board and saveenv works as expected.