adding fdt-overlay function - help needed

Frank Wunderlich frank-w at public-files.de
Fri Jul 12 19:07:25 CEST 2024

Am 12. Juli 2024 18:49:02 MESZ schrieb Tom Rini <trini at konsulko.com>:
>On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 01:23:32PM +0200, Frank Wunderlich wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i got a bit further and noticed, that required command is not available in uboot...this is normally part of the dtc package [1], so why is it missing in u-boot?
>> I guess later added or dropped to reduce compile time/make porting easier...
>>
>> regards Frank
>>
>> https://github.com/qemu/dtc/blob/master/fdtoverlay.c
>
>We're behind on re-syncing with the kernel's version of dtc, yes. It
>might be easiest to just cherry-pick what you need for now?

I tried multiple things but the only thing worked so far was copying all c/h from linux and modifying makefile to build fdtoverlay binary

<https://github.com/frank-w/u-boot/commit/d01e15acecd4dcf1584e4601c543231d5dbb6379>

But i have the buildchain not so far that the merging itself works (seems to need targets for dtbo we have not in linux),but fdtoverlay itself is built without errors.

The repo i linked before seems to be completely incompatible with the dtc/fdtutils from uboot/linux (missing constants and some more).

If i have it running completely i can replace my testcommit with the cherry-pick from linux to preserve author-information,but first the merging needs to work.
regards Frank