How is it possible to flash an image (wic-file) to emmc?

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 20:59:52 CEST 2024

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 10:37 AM Stahl, Michael <mstahl at moba.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> after I swichted to the new uboot (2024.01) I can't flash a wic-file to the emmc anymore.

Not so new :-) 2024.07 is the new one.

> I use a uboot version for imx8 processors but I think the fastboot parts are equal. There is a special tool supported from NXP called uuu-tool to flash files by the fastboot protocol

Which i.MX8 processor do you use exactly?

> With the old uboot (2021.04) I can flash the uboot-image as the wic-image as follows:

Is the old U-Boot based on a NXP release?

> Which fastboot command can I use to flash the raw emmc regardless of whether there are already partitions or not?

The scripts you showed should also work with mainline U-Boot.

Have you added fastboot support to your board in U-Boot 2024.01?

Also, does it enter fastboot mode when booting from USB?

Here are some suggestions:

https://lore.kernel.org/u-boot/CAOMZO5Bb9C+9-gj22LnVLGgQbh259h7iuff5jinD3LEDpAnkhQ@mail.gmail.com/

Regards,

Fabio Estevam