About U-Boot License

Kang Lion hkang70 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 06:40:19 CET 2024

Dear DAS

This is lion. Nice to meet you.

I'm sending you an e-mail because I have a question about the U-Boot license.
I would like to know about the obligation to disclose the U-Boot code currently provided by Xilinx(zynqMP).

1. When we use a commercial OS code called RTEMS, we use U-Boot as the bootloader.
At this time, even if RTEMS OS is commercial, if we merge an image such as an open source called U-Boot to make a final image and use it, should I release all the codes? I want to know the scope of disclosure.

Do we even have to disclose commercial RTEMS OS + Application?

2. Or do you see only U-Boot as a separate image, and since the OS is commercial, there is no need to interpret it separately and disclose it?

At this time, should the U-Boot be disclosed according to the license or not? I wonder.

cf) We will just change small part for only definition, but I'm afraid that we have to disclosure our every code of RTEMS and Application.

That's why I'm questing it now.

I know you're busy, but please answer me.

Thank you.