DE1-SOC LKM MAKEFILE ON U-Boot SPL 2013.01.01

aied bebar aiedbebar2 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 09:09:04 CEST 2024

HII , I AM USING A DE1-SOC BOARD THAT IS BASED ON U-Boot SPL 2013.01.01

THE BOARD IS :Altera SOCFPGA Cyclone V Board

i downloaded the console version of linux os from terasic and its working
fine on the board

I am trying to load a simple lkm that prints "hello world" on the kernel ,
and in the makefile we need to specify the source directory location. I
tried all the options and examples of makefiles that I could lay my hands
on , and nothing seems to work .

in some cases it worked but when i try to load the module on the board
using insmod command i get "invalid file format  "

i tried to get some help in roketboard forum and in intel community forums
without any success , so i thought maybe i can get help from you cause from
what i understand the console ver is based on U-Boot SPL 2013.01.01

i need to know the path where are the source files located in U-Boot SPL
2013.01.01

and if you have a make file that is tested on the de1-soc maybe for
compiling linux kernel modules (device drivers) i be glad for any help
,thanks in advance