DE1-SOC LKM MAKEFILE ON U-Boot SPL 2013.01.01

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Sep 12 03:08:50 CEST 2024

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Sept 2024 at 08:25, aied bebar <aiedbebar2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> HII , I AM USING A DE1-SOC BOARD THAT IS BASED ON U-Boot SPL 2013.01.01
>
> THE BOARD IS :Altera SOCFPGA Cyclone V Board
>
> i downloaded the console version of linux os from terasic and its working
> fine on the board
>
> I am trying to load a simple lkm that prints "hello world" on the kernel ,
> and in the makefile we need to specify the source directory location. I
> tried all the options and examples of makefiles that I could lay my hands
> on , and nothing seems to work .
>
> in some cases it worked but when i try to load the module on the board
> using insmod command i get "invalid file format  "

The module needs to be built for exactly the same kernel version. Any
difference at all in the version number will cause it to fail.

> i tried to get some help in roketboard forum and in intel community forums
> without any success , so i thought maybe i can get help from you cause from
> what i understand the console ver is based on U-Boot SPL 2013.01.01
>
> i need to know the path where are the source files located in U-Boot SPL
> 2013.01.01

Perhaps this:

https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/tree/u-boot-2013.01.y

That version of U-Boot probably belongs in a museum at this point! I
won't ask what version Linux it is :-)

> and if you have a make file that is tested on the de1-soc maybe for
> compiling linux kernel modules (device drivers) i be glad for any help
> ,thanks in advance

Regards,
SImon