[U-Boot-Users] Placing boot image an CompactFlash

Jerry Walden jwalden at digitalatlantic.com
Tue Mar 4 01:04:13 CET 2003

Cool - thanks for pointing to the documents - didn't know they were there.

Still section 7.3.3. refers to PC-CARD devices, and the focus seems
to be on PCMCIA - I do not have a PC-CARD device - just CompactFlash
wired up for "true-ide mode" placed in a CompactFlash socket on the
board - there is no PCMCIA.

I have been able to make the IDE driver work in conjunction with the
CompactFlash device.

Sorry if I was not clear last message, but the question is how to I get the
Linux kernel on the CompactFlash device in the first place.

I mentioned that I had a PCCard adapter for the CompactFlash that I can
use to place the CompactFlash into the PCMCIA slot on my Windoze laptop
just in case anyone needed to know.

Jerry