[U-Boot-Users] possible problem in u-boot-0.2.0/cpu/mpc8xx/cpu_init.c

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 6 22:25:33 CET 2003

In message <00eb01c2ccf7$3b7bc230$6d4ba8c0 at alb.sub.de> you wrote:

> I noticed that in cpu_init.c/line 77ff the PLPRCR is written before SCCR
> which will cause the CLKOUT to ramp up to 50 MHz before it is being
> reduced to half the frequency. That might violate alot of timings. It
> does not appear to cause any problems right now; but I would suggest
> anyway to change the order there.

I tested the suggested change on a couple of systems,  and  found  no
negative effects, so I applied it. Sorry this took so long. Will show
up on CVS in a couple of hours.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If it's working, the diagnostics say it's fine. If it's not  working,
the diagnostics  say  it's  fine.
              - A proposed addition to rules for realtime programming