[U-Boot] CONFIG_GENERIC_MMC Usage

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 16 16:09:29 CEST 2009

On Friday 16 October 2009 09:45:20 Shane Volpe wrote:
> Minkyu,

please do not top post

> 1.) Is there any documentation in place (or can someone send me off a
> quick reply) on how to set up the generic mmc driver with a board?

if you read the arch-specific init files you'll see that a call is made to
mmc_initialize() which in turn calls a board-specific board_mmc_init().  your
board_mmc_init() then calls the driver init functions.  it's the same idiom
that is used for most U-Boot subsystems now.

> I'm assuming what I need to do is add code to my board file to
> initialize the MMC hardware.  This was originally done in "
> drivers/mmc/pxa_mmc.c" with mmc_init() well now it is
> mmc_legacy_init().

no, your board should not be doing any driver-specific initialization
-mike