[U-Boot] CONFIG_GENERIC_MMC Usage

Shane Volpe shanevolpe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:19:41 CEST 2009

Sorry for the top post, I forgot to delete it.

Mike,
>if you read the arch-specific init files you'll see that a call is made to
>mmc_initialize() which in turn calls a board-specific board_mmc_init().  your
>board_mmc_init() then calls the driver init functions.  it's the same idiom
>that is used for most U-Boot subsystems now.

Ok, thanks I see the board_mmc_init() call and I also grep'd the board
directory and see the following example:
  board/freescale/mpc837xemds/mpc837xemds.c

That's what I thought, I should add the function board_mmc_init to my
board file and add in all code needed to initialize the MMC hardware
for the PXA270.

-Shane