[U-Boot] OMAP3 SPL: merge window question

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Mon Jul 18 10:47:03 CEST 2011

Le 18/07/2011 10:29, Simon Schwarz a écrit :
> Dear Wolfgang Denk, Sandeep Paulraj and Albert Aribaud,
>
> I'am working on the OMAP3 SPL which is part of my bachelor thesis. Some of the
> code was already posted - but i staled my work to wait for the new SPL layout
> and the work on OMAP4 by Aneeshi V.
>
> This weekend Annesh V. released the OMAP4 patch and I now start to merge my OMAP3
> patches with the common parts of Aneesh's patch.
>
> I think I can release a patch until the end of the week. Is it possible to get
> the patch into the upcoming release?

You mean you can release a patch before the end of the week, right?

Personally, when a patch was initially submitted before the end of the
merge window, I will accept subsequent versions of it and apply them
even if they are submitted after the merge window has closed.

Only, be sure to follow *all* rules for submitting new versions of a
patch set as laid out in
<http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/U-Boot/Patches#Sending_updated_patch_versions>
. Particularly:

- *always* provide history for *each* patch

- *always* provide history *below* the commit message delimiter ('---')

- *always* post version N of a patch "in-reply-to" version N-1.

- *never* post a patch set twice under the same version. Even if you
forgot some trivial thing like signed-off-by, repost with a *bumped up*
version number (and provide updated history)

Be warned that not respecting these rules will result in the patch set
being NAKed (and, in turn, will force you to re-post a Vn+1 patch...)

> I finish my BA thesis in September - mainlining the code before would be great.
>
> Regards
> Simon

Amicalement,
--