[U-Boot] OMAP3 SPL: merge window question

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:11:00 CEST 2011

Hi Wolfgang

On Monday, July 18, 2011, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Graeme Russ,
>
> In message <4E23FF5C.7060600 at gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> And if the patch is a part of a series, update the version of *all* patches
>> in the series (with a 'no changes' comment for any individual patches in
>> the series which have not been update). Nothing worse than a series being a
>> mix of various versions.
>
> Actually I do not want to make this a requirement.  If we have a large
> patch series, and there are changes requested to only one or two of
> the patches, it is much more efficient to repost just these instead
> always the whole stack again and again.

But this makes a royal mess of the series, especially in patchwork
which does not honor in-reply-to: and has been known to not pick up
patches. How do we definitively know we have the latest version of
*every* patch in the series? It is easy to tell when one has a
different version.

And yes it is a pain, but maybe the will help people (me included) to
get it right faster and not miss simple things like SoB's, checkpatch
et al.

You're not worried about your latest series are you ;)

Regards,

Graeme