[U-Boot] OMAP3 SPL: merge window question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jul 18 14:29:05 CEST 2011

Dear Graeme Russ,

In message <CALButCJ8f+SW-gbg0KHby2AufcJ30J1JQ-xVXkNzfMTQBXwhwQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Actually I do not want to make this a requirement. =A0If we have a large
> > patch series, and there are changes requested to only one or two of
> > the patches, it is much more efficient to repost just these instead
> > always the whole stack again and again.
>
> But this makes a royal mess of the series, especially in patchwork
> which does not honor in-reply-to: and has been known to not pick up
> patches. How do we definitively know we have the latest version of
> *every* patch in the series? It is easy to tell when one has a
> different version.

I'm afraid there is no other way than always checking your whoile mail
archive.  SO far I haven;t found any better method that even halfay
reliably does things right automatically.

> You're not worried about your latest series are you ;)

No. I repeated the recommendation above a number of times in the past
(last time I can remember was when Holger Brunck asked if he has to
resind the whole series, and I say this was not needed).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.