[U-Boot] OMAP3 SPL: merge window question

Holger Brunck holger.brunck at keymile.com
Mon Jul 18 15:26:26 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 07/18/2011 02:29 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Graeme Russ,
>
> In message <CALButCJ8f+SW-gbg0KHby2AufcJ30J1JQ-xVXkNzfMTQBXwhwQ at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>>> Actually I do not want to make this a requirement. =A0If we have a large
>>> patch series, and there are changes requested to only one or two of
>>> the patches, it is much more efficient to repost just these instead
>>> always the whole stack again and again.
>>
>> But this makes a royal mess of the series, especially in patchwork
>> which does not honor in-reply-to: and has been known to not pick up
>> patches. How do we definitively know we have the latest version of
>> *every* patch in the series? It is easy to tell when one has a
>> different version.
>
> I'm afraid there is no other way than always checking your whoile mail
> archive.  SO far I haven;t found any better method that even halfay
> reliably does things right automatically.
>
>> You're not worried about your latest series are you ;)
>
> No. I repeated the recommendation above a number of times in the past
> (last time I can remember was when Holger Brunck asked if he has to
> resind the whole series, and I say this was not needed).

yes. The thread was:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2011-July/095452.html

Maybe an update of the wiki page would be helpfull to point this out. Ok there
is a hint that the "In-reply-to:" and "References" headers sould be keep
correct, but I think an explicitly hint to not repost unchanged patches in a
serie and hot to do it with "git send-email" would be helpfull for new users
reading this page.

Best regards
Holger Brunck