[ELDK] Using ELDK with Eclipse IDE

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Nov 21 16:04:56 CET 2007

Hi Robert,

> Eclipse looks like a nice platform for embedded Linux development, but I
> currently have no experience with it.
>
> Has anyone tried or is using the ELDK with the Eclipse IDE?
>
> Can anyone give me some information or feedback on using the ELDK with Eclipse?

Its been a while since I tried that, but I cannot remember any
significant problem when I did.  What I remember was the shock when I
realized that I downloaded hundreds of megabytes of Eclipse just to
find out that I need some more tens of megabytes for the C plugin -
but maybe that changed ;)

To be a little more precise, I used the ELDK cross-compiler without
any hassle after I correctly setup the PATH and the name of the
compiler inside the Eclipse IDE.  I was told that the cross-gdb should
also cooperate with Eclipse, but I have not seen it with my own eyes.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Thanks so much for Emacs.  What a wondrous system -- one of the real
seven wonders of the world.  Forced to choose between Emacs and, say,