[ELDK] Using ELDK with Eclipse IDE

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 21 21:13:25 CET 2007

Hi Robert,

in message <000001c82c48$c73c1490$9601a8c0 at PromessInc.local> you wrote:

> Eclipse looks like a nice platform for embedded Linux development, but I
> currently have no experience with it.
>
> Has anyone tried or is using the ELDK with the Eclipse IDE?

Sure. For example, WRS has put Eclipse on top of  our  ELDK  and  has
been  selling  this  under the product name "Workbench for Linux" for
some time.

> Can anyone give me some information or feedback on using the ELDK with
> Eclipse?

Whether you want to use a so-called "IDE",  and  which  one,  depends
mostly on your experience and where you're coming from. Usually it is
not  really  difficult  to  put a tool chain of your choice below the
GUI.

I have to admit that we don't any practical experience in this area -
when you know exactly what you want to do, an IDE will just slow  you
down in many cases.

Please note that HTML is forbidden on this list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Lispers are among  the  best  grads  of  the  Sweep-It-Under-Someone-
Else's-Carpet  School of Simulated Simplicity. [Was that sufficiently
incendiary? :-)]  - Larry Wall in <1992Jan10.201804.11926 at netlabs.com