[ELDK] Kill strange behaviour in a script

Jeffrey Haemer jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 18:01:23 CEST 2008

Giuseppe,

I just tested the possibility that you're seeing a quirk of busybox or the
busybox shell (ash).  Here's the experiment:

# install busybox and link it, locally, to "sh"
sudo apt-get install busybox
ln /usr/bin/busybox ~/Desktop/sh

# Now change both scripts to use the busybox shell
perl -i -pe "s(/bin/sh)($HOME/Desktop/sh)" example.sh flash.sh

# and execute them
./example.sh

Unfortunately, everything still works correctly.  If it's a BusyBox shell
bug, the version I just tried (v1.1.3) doesn't have it.

Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer at gmail.com>
720-837-8908 [cell]
http://goyishekop.blogspot.com