[ELDK] USB on Kilauea

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 13 21:56:33 CEST 2008

Dear Dave,

In message <B7BC4CB64CA090478F283BA58929273737EC97 at abtg-mail.ambientcorp.com> you wrote:

> Has anyone had any success using the USB interface on a Kilauea board
> with the driver provided in the DENX 4.2 distro?

Yes, we tested this when we did the port.

> When I boot the Kilauea board, it recognizes the DWC OTG controller, and
> appears to initialize it successfully (see output below).  When I plug a
> flash-drive device into the USB port, however, there seems to be no
> acknowledgement whatsoever that the device is there (same thing if I

What sort of acknowledgement do you expect?

Did you run "dmesg" or "tail -f /var/log/messages" to look for kernel
messages?

If you were expecting some kind of hotplug support, did you start the
udev services by running "/sbin/start_udev" ?

Last but not least, are you sure your kernel configuration is
complete? For example, you must have enabled SCSI support and SCSH
disk support.

> boot the board with the flash-drive already plugged in).  I don't
> actually need the OTG capability (I really just need the board to act as
> a USB host).

Then OTG is not what you're looking for - but  we  definitely  tested
host mode, including tests with mass storage devices.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The Wright Bothers weren't the first to fly. They were just the first
not to crash.