[ELDK] USB on Kilauea

Dave Rensberger David.Rensberger at ambientcorp.com
Wed Aug 13 20:01:40 CEST 2008

Has anyone had any success using the USB interface on a Kilauea board
with the driver provided in the DENX 4.2 distro?

When I boot the Kilauea board, it recognizes the DWC OTG controller, and
appears to initialize it successfully (see output below).  When I plug a
flash-drive device into the USB port, however, there seems to be no
acknowledgement whatsoever that the device is there (same thing if I
boot the board with the flash-drive already plugged in).  I don't
actually need the OTG capability (I really just need the board to act as
a USB host).

--Dave

Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...

usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage

USB Mass Storage support registered.

usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for TI
USB 3410 1 port adapter

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for TI
USB 5052 2 port adapter

usbcore: registered new interface driver ti_usb_3410_5052

drivers/usb/serial/ti_usb_3410_5052.c: TI USB 3410/5052 Serial Driver
v0.9

dwc_otg: version 2.60a 22-NOV-2006

dwc_otg: Using Slave mode

dwc_otg dwc_otg.0: DWC OTG Controller

dwc_otg dwc_otg.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1

dwc_otg dwc_otg.0: irq 17, io mem 0x00000000

dwc_otg: dwc_otg_core_host_init: Unable to clear halt on channel 1

dwc_otg: Init: Port Power? op_state=4

usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found

hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected

usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002

usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1

usb usb1: Product: DWC OTG Controller

usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.25.5 dwc_otg_hcd

usb usb1: SerialNumber: dwc_otg.0