[ELDK] pthread / TQM5200 problem

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Feb 1 17:50:21 CET 2008

Hi Sebastian,

> Here's some additional information I forgot when originally posting my
> question today morning: I'm using the DENX ELDK 3.1.1 and a kernel version
> 2.4.25.

One immediate question from my side.  You say this program runs "fine on
all my Unix- and Linux-machines but fails on the embedded box".  I presume
those Linux machines are all running 2.6 kernels?

I ask because in 2.6 we use a completely different pthreads
implementation (NPTL) than what we used in 2.4 (LinuxThread).  So I
would strongly advise testing a 2.4 kernel on a different hardware and
see whether the problem is indeed inherent in the 2.4 implementation.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Lobbing insults is not a useful technique for reaching understanding.
                                        -- Thomas Bushnell, BSG