[ELDK] Building ELDK 4.2 from scratch

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 8 09:47:38 CET 2008

Dear Johan,

in message <47833045.3020609 at dutchspace.nl> you wrote:

> I am trying to build ELDK 4.2 from scratch, using the GIT repository as
> base. I extracted the build, tarballs and SRPMS git trees, and tag
> ELDK_4_2_rc1.

At the moment, the only tested build environments are RedHat 7.3 (also
used for production builds because this gives best compatibility with
older Linux distributions), and Fedora Core 5.

Other build environments will most likely need some adaptions -
patches are welcome.

> I ran into a few problems. The first one was that autoconf could not be
> build in the eldt build phase. After installing emacs this problem was
> fixed. Is there a list of  programs that need to be installed before the
> ELDK can be build from scratch?

Sorry, we don;t have such a list yet. Please feel free to add such a
section to the documentation.

> Next I ran into a problem compiling the libuser package (step trg.33):

That's always a candidate for build problems ;-)

> I did install gtk-doc, but this made no difference. Do I need to install
> something extra, or is there something else going wrong?

You are probably using another, so far unsupported Linux distribution
as build  environment.  Please  see  the  log  files  in  the  "logs"
directory  of  your build tree if you can find more details about the
problem.  Patches welcome :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Death, when unnecessary, is a tragic thing.
	-- Flint, "Requiem for Methuselah", stardate 5843.7