[ELDK] ELDK 4.2 schedule / beta version testing

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jan 3 11:46:32 CET 2008

Dear John,

in message <477C96BA.6040201 at dutchspace.nl> you wrote:

> Probably a minor issue: During install I saw the following message
> (command used: ./install -d /opt/eldk-4.2 ppc_85xx):
> Configuring Xenomai kernel...
> /opt/eldk-4.2/ppc_85xx/usr/src/linux-2.6.22-xenomai
> make: ppc_85xxgcc: Command not found

No, this is not a minor issue. It's a real but that must be fixed.
Thanks for pointing out.

> Some applications that I would like to see added to the ELDK:
> - hotplug (needed for dynamic FW loading of some drivers)
> - sudo (makes it easier to work as regular user on a target)

Please feel free to submit patches.

I really would like to receive more community feedback for the ELDK.
All contributions are welcome!

> Some other things that I modified in the previous ELDK:
> - Add a PCI id's file  (/usr/share/hwdata/pci.ids) from
> http://pciids.sf.net/.

That would be part of the "hwdata" RPM...

> - Created ssh-file (for using dropbear as sshd) in /etc/xinetd.d:

I don't think this is a good idea. xinetd is a pretty heavy program,
and we tend to avoid it in many embedded confogirations where it is
not really needed. To run dropbear as SSH daemon, all you need to do
is start it from /etc/rc.d/rc.local or so.  YMMV...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules.
Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.