[ELDK] eldk testing

Derek Cameron cameron_derek at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 11:48:28 CET 2008

Hi

I sent this message yesterday, but not sure if it worked as it never appeared in my inbox.
Thought I'd send it again just to be sure.

I've been trying out the new version of the ELDK on an MPC8540 processor and have found a few things.
I build the kernel successfully using the mpc8540_ads_defconfig default config file in the arch/ppc/configs folder.
When this kernel starts up, there is a large pause (1 - 2 minutes) after the text "Starting system logger:".
After a couple of minutes the OK text appears and it carries on as normal.

I tried building u-boot using the following:

make distclean
make MPC8540ADS_config
make

The build fails on the besys.c file.

I also tried using the uRamdisk file that is part of the SELF rpm.
When the kernel tries to use this it goes into a panic.
The error says there is no init file.

I have not looked into any of the errors as I was unsure if they are known errors.

Thanks

Derek